Instructions For using Intravia Bags
- To open, first tear off foil overpouch. The plastic may be opaque due to moisture absorption during sterilization; the opacity will diminish gradually.
- Check for leaks by squeezing the inner bag firmly; if any leaks are found or sterility is suspect then the solution should be discarded. Do not use unless the solution is clear and the seal is intact.
- For intravenous use only. Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration whenever solution and container permit.
- Do not use plastic containers in series connections. Such use can result in an air embolism.
AGGRASTAT can be administered in the same intravenous line as:
- atropine sulfate
- epinephrine hydrochloride (HCl)
- famotidine injection
- midazolam HCl
- morphine sulfate
- potassium chloride
- propranolol HCl
Do not administer AGGRASTAT through the same IV line as diazepam. Do not add other drugs or remove solution directly from the Intravia bag with a syringe.